[Asterisk-video] mobile phone with Asterisk in North America?

Athir Nuaimi athir at nuaim.com
Mon Jun 23 15:13:53 CDT 2008

Hi there. I've seen a number of people on this mailing list talk about using
their mobile phones to do video with Asterisk.

1.       Does anyone know if this is possible in North America?  I believe
most people are doing this are in Europe using an ISDN line.  I believe they
are making a call using their mobile carrier to the phone number associated
with the ISDN line.

2.       Are there mobile phone that can do video with Asterisk using WiFi?
I have a Nokia e65 and the SIP client will only make voice calls with
Asterisk over WiFi.  Or is there a way to get the phone to make video calls
over WiFi?

Thanks in advance

Athir Nuaimi