[Asterisk-video] AMR: WARNING[4493]: translate.c:175 framein: no samples for amrtolin

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 19 13:05:35 CDT 2008

Hi,

I just built asterisk 1.4.21 with AMR from fontventa (svn version 213).
When I call from my Nokia N95 via GPRS to my Asterisk box or vice versa
using the AMR codec I see a ton of the following messages in the
Asterisk console:

[Jun 19 19:38:16] WARNING[4493]: translate.c:175 framein: no samples for amrtolin

Is this message an indication of a bug in codec_amr?

There's also a lot of delay (more than 2 seconds) when saying something
on the N95 and hearing it on the Cisco phone attached to the Asterisk
box. Strangely saying something on the Cisco phone can be heard almost
instantaneously on the N95. On the other hand when I talk longer on the
N95, the delay before hearing it on the Cisco gets longer too up to 4 or
5 seconds. Seems like something gets buffered way too much before it is
sent on.

I also tested AMR with a Wifi connection on the N95 and that works much
better although I still see a ton of those messages above in the
Asterisk console. Using ILBC as the codec has no problems with a GPRS or
Wifi connection on the N95 so it really seems this issue is AMR related
(codec or N95).

Would anyone have a suggestion how to fix this?

Thanks and regards,
Patrick