[Asterisk-video] Play and Record videos in Asterisk (ox converter)

Sharan Saxena ssaxena at devfoundry.com
Thu Jun 5 06:11:11 CDT 2008

Hi Jesus,
           Thanks for your directions. From your email and my understanding
of the code of asterisk, I think that asterisk plays the audio and video
frames separately. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I was able to run the ffasterisk command, but I got exceptions and buffer
underflow/overflow with the audio/video files I tried.

It would be helpful if you can guide me to a working .avi file, from which
you extract the audio and video frames, and also comment on the correctness
of my steps outlined below. My approach should be as follows then:

	ffasterisk -i in.avi -o in.wav --audio 				;
Floating point exception
	ffasterisk -i in.avi -o out.h263 --video
; buffer underflow, though file created, but didn't play in VLC media player

	sox in.wav -r 8000 -c 1 -s -w out.wav resample -ql  		;
was not able to find "ox"

In extensions.conf
	exten => 600,n,Playback(out)
; and hope that it will play