[Asterisk-video] chan_oss video problems

Wed Jul 2 03:37:35 CDT 2008

> On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 04:36:08PM +0200, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Asterisk crashes when activating the video support in chan_oss. I am
>> using
>> > ubuntu 8.04 and have installed all the needed libraries (ffmpeg, SDL).
>> > Building is fine, but when I start Asterisk it crashes:
>> >
>> >   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/oss.conf':   == Found
>> > Segmentation fault
>> >
>> > I am using the default oss.conf. /dev/video0 is available (webcam,
>> works
>> > fine with xawtv).
>> >
>> > ldd on chan_oss.so shows that all libraries are found.
>>
>> Here is the backtrace. What is get_gui_startup()? How does it work?
>
> get_gui_startup() is an accessor function to let chan_oss.c access
> the 'stayopen' field of the struct video_desc, whose internal layout
> is not known to the code in chan_oss.c
>
> I suspected a NULL pointer not properly checked but this is strange
> as the debugger reports env is not NULL. You could try this patch
> in console_video.c and let me know if it helps.
>
>  int get_gui_startup(struct video_desc* env)
>  {
> -	return env->stayopen;
> +	return env ? env->stayopen : 0;
>  }

Hi Luigi!

This patched solved the segfault during startup. Nevertheless it still
does not work. When I forward an incoming SIP call to chan_oos, the
channel will be autoanswered but nothing happens. When I hang up the phone
call from the SIP side, Asterisk segfaults.

    -- Executing [s at from-nic.at43.at:1] Ringing("SIP/iptel.org-08267d88",
"") in new stack
    -- Executing [s at from-nic.at43.at:2] Wait("SIP/iptel.org-08267d88",
"3") in new stack
    -- Executing [s at from-nic.at43.at:3] Dial("SIP/iptel.org-08267d88",
"console/dsp,20") in new stack
[Jul  2 10:24:39] WARNING[7630]: chan_oss.c:845 oss_request: oss_request
ty <console> data 0x0xb668dcc4 <dsp>
  == Console is full duplex
[Jul  2 10:24:39] WARNING[7630]: console_video.c:1061 console_video_start:
env (nil) chan 0x825dcc0
 << Call to device 'dsp' dnid '(null)' rdnis '(null)' on console from ''
<klaus3000> >>
 << Auto-answered >>
    -- Called dsp
    -- Console/dsp answered SIP/iptel.org-08267d88
 << Hangup on console >>
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Maybe I am doing something wrong - I still do not understand how this all
should work. From the description there should be a GUI to configure the
video stream. But I do not understand where this GUI is coming from.
Asterisk is a console-based application - new GUI. Does chan_oss open an X
window? For this - do I have to start Asterisk in foreground or will it
also work when running as daemon?

thanks
Klaus