[Asterisk-video] h263 again

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Fri Jan 11 06:55:04 CST 2008

Hi Klaus,

H263 annexes supported by the terminal are sent in the H245TerminalCapabilitySet message.

I'm sending
        capabilityTable = 4 entries {
          [0]={
            capabilityTableEntryNumber = 1
            capability = receiveAndTransmitVideoCapability h263VideoCapability {
              qcifMPI = 2
              maxBitRate = 520
              unrestrictedVector = FALSE
              arithmeticCoding = FALSE
              advancedPrediction = FALSE
              pbFrames = FALSE
              temporalSpatialTradeOffCapability = FALSE
              errorCompensation = FALSE
            }
          }

So we will get a h263 base stream with no annexes. The stream is then encapsulated in rtp
using rfc 2429 so the output rtp stream is both h263-1998 and h263-2000 (H263P in asterisk).

I don't use rfc 2190 (h263-1996) because it would require a deep inspect on the video
stream to find macroblocks/gob/slice boundaries to create the rtp packet.

BR
Sergio