[Asterisk-video] help for videocall

Fri Feb 22 08:35:16 CST 2008

barbara_b02 at libero.it wrote:
> Hi list,
> first of all: sorry for my bad english...
> I'm new to Asterisk world... I'm using Asterisk-1.4.13 on Debian distribution.
> I've tested with success loopback, mp4play, mp4save and IVR calling Asterisk with a 3G mobile phone.
> Now I'm trying a 3G<->sip videocall (using a NEC-phone and X-lite running on Windows) but I think I'm confused about how to do this... I've read the mailing list archive, the pages on VoIP-info and the instructions on Fontventa but I don't understand how to write my dialplan, especially the order of the following exten...
>
> - h324m_gw()
> - h324m_gw_answer()
> - h324m_call()
> - Dial()
>
> I found contradictory configuration examples reading the archive...
>
> And do I need the following exten?
>
> exten => dial,1,Set(CHANNEL(transfercapability)=VIDEO)
> exten => dial,n,NoOp(transfer=${CHANNEL(transfercapability)})
> exten => dial,n,Set(CHANNEL(userinformationlayer1)=38)
> exten => dial,n,NoOp(ul1=${CHANNEL(userinformationlayer1)})

This is needed for SIP-->3G calls (to make 3G video signalling in ISDN
SETUP message), but not needed for 3G-->SIP calls.

To bridge 3G-->SIP calls:
1. Make sure to have AMR codec installed (and configured codecs.conf ->
see readme from AMR codec)

2. in sip.conf allow videocalls and active h263p for the SIP peer

3. MAke proper bandwidth settings in XLITE/eyebeam:
   deactivate the "zero touch bandwidth detection" and then in the
advanced section set the bandwidth to "DSL, Cable".

4. In eyebeam/xlite active the H263+ codec

5. For testing video calls it might also be useful to deactivate the
echo canceler in xlite.

6. Don't bother with outgoing calls unless incoming calls are working fine.

regards
klaus