[Asterisk-video] How to work beween Xlite and IP Camera or VLC player using app_rtsp

lizhong zhu zhulizhongum at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Dec 25 01:09:15 CST 2008

hello, all of users:
Merry Christmas! actually, i have asked some questions and problems in this email list. unfortunately, i sill can get it works.  my scenario is that:
Xlite with video calls->asterisk->rtsp(IP/live.sdp). my xlite will be able to see the video.
------------dialplan-------------------------------------------
[from-internal]
exten => 200,1,Dial(SIP/200)
exten => 200,2,Hangup
exten => 2000,1,Dial(SIP/2000)
exten => 2000,2,Hangup
exten => 201,1,Answer
exten => 201,2,transcode(,s at camera,h263 at qcif/fps=10/kb=52/qmin=4/qmax=12/gs=50)
exten => 201,3,HangUp
[camera]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,rtsp(http://192.168.2.200/live.sdp)
exten => s,3,Hangup
I have install app_trancoder.c and app_rtsp.c
here, i call 201 using my xlite, the system will forward to IP camera or VLC, the video will be shown to xlite. I do not test any 3G calls, only SIP video calls.
I am not veru sure the rtsp implmentation--
rtsp(http://192.168.2.200/live.sdp)
can anyone explain it clearly or give me more informations about rtsp in asterisk?
thanks!
zhu