[Asterisk-video] RE: App_MP4 problem. Please help me‏

Zelalem Sintayehu zelalems at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 03:18:41 CST 2008

Hi Klaus and Carlo, thank you for your response. There is a little development. X-Lite seemed to save the video but couldn't play it back. You know I had to manually clicked the start button on the video pannel to start sending the video. Then, I have looked at the file using mp4info and got the following info:
  Track    Type    Info
1    audio    G.711 uLaw, 5.940 secs, 64 kbps, 8000 Hz
2    hint    Payload PCMU for track 1
3    video    H.263, 5.844 secs, 835 kbps, 176x144 @ 26.694045 fps
4    hint    Payload H263-1998 for track 3

I couldn't play it back, though. But I have seen the file using Ubuntu's movie player and it is a very scrambled video. I am using logitech quickcam sphere mp webcam. After, I read Carlo's e-mail, then I came back to ubuntu and tried linphone. Again, I found out that I didn't set the minimum upload and download bandwidth. So, I set 135 kbit/s for video (I am using h263-1998 codec). Then it showed wierd characterisk (like terminating automatically and not starting again). I got the following error messge from Asterisk when I tried to record the video:
    -- Executing [7504 at jain-sip:1] Answer("SIP/7503-b7b11730", "") in new stack
    -- Executing [7504 at jain-sip:2] mp4save("SIP/7503-b7b11730", "/home/zelalem/videos/save.mp4") in new stack
[Dec  2 18:47:54] WARNING[15692]: channel.c:2809 set_format: Unable to find a codec translation path from h263p to unknown
[Dec  2 18:47:54] WARNING[15692]: app_mp4.c:804 mp4_save: mp4_save: Unable to set read format to ULAW|ALAW|AMRNB!

And the phone terminated. I hope the above gives you an idea as to what my problem is. Once again, thank you. I have been doing this the past two weeks.

Cheers,

- Zelalem S.
Grahamstown, SA