[Asterisk-video] 3G video delay

Mon Aug 25 07:49:18 CDT 2008

Hi!

I have a problem with a SIP client which sends video with high bitrate
if there is very much movement. This adds huge delay to the video as it
does not fit anymore into the 64kbit channel.

As in normal scenarios the delay is fine I want to avoid transcoding.
Thus my idea was to drop video frames if the queue is getting to big.

I want to test may idea, but the question is - where to do this? I think
this have to be done in libh324m. Sergio, can you please tell me
how/where I could implement such a behavior?

regards
klaus