[Asterisk-video] H324M handshake fails (sometimes)

Low Yu Siang yusiang at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 3 23:25:37 CDT 2008

My asterisk server was accepting video calls without any problem. But recently it started to have some problems when accepting incoming video calls. The failed calls are around 30-50% of the calls. From the h245.log, it seems that in the failed calls, the phone never respond to MasterSlaveDetermination request. Is it possible that my isdn provider has just changed something on their side? Though I read that the echo cancellation issue only affects outgoing calls. My h245.log as below:-

-Init call
-Sending
request terminalCapabilitySet {
        sequenceNumber = 1
        protocolIdentifier = 0.0.8.245.0.8
        multiplexCapability = h223Capability {
          transportWithI_frames = FALSE
          videoWithAL1 = FALSE
          videoWithAL2 = TRUE
          videoWithAL3 = FALSE
          audioWithAL1 = FALSE
          audioWithAL2 = TRUE
          audioWithAL3 = FALSE
          dataWithAL1 = FALSE
          dataWithAL2 = FALSE
          dataWithAL3 = FALSE
          maximumAl2SDUSize = 1120
          maximumAl3SDUSize = 1120
          maximumDelayJitter = 0
          h223MultiplexTableCapability = basic <<null>>
          maxMUXPDUSizeCapability = FALSE
          nsrpSupport = TRUE
          mobileOperationTransmitCapability = {
            modeChangeCapability = FALSE
            h223AnnexA = FALSE
            h223AnnexADoubleFlag = FALSE
            h223AnnexB = TRUE
            h223AnnexBwithHeader = FALSE
          }
        }
        capabilityTable = 4 entries {
          [0]={
            capabilityTableEntryNumber = 1
            capability = receiveAndTransmitVideoCapability h263VideoCapability {
              qcifMPI = 2
              maxBitRate = 520
              unrestrictedVector = FALSE
              arithmeticCoding = FALSE
              advancedPrediction = FALSE
              pbFrames = FALSE
              temporalSpatialTradeOffCapability = FALSE
              errorCompensation = FALSE
            }
          }
          [1]={
            capabilityTableEntryNumber = 2
            capability = receiveAndTransmitAudioCapability genericAudioCapability {
              capabilityIdentifier = standard 0.0.8.245.1.1.1
              maxBitRate = 122
              collapsing = 1 entries {
                [0]={
                  parameterIdentifier = standard 0
                  parameterValue = unsignedMin 1
                }
              }
            }
          }
          [2]={
            capabilityTableEntryNumber = 3
            capability = receiveAndTransmitAudioCapability g7231 {
              maxAl_sduAudioFrames = 1
              silenceSuppression = TRUE
            }
          }
          [3]={
            capabilityTableEntryNumber = 4
            capability = receiveAndTransmitUserInputCapability iA5String <<null>>
          }
        }
        capabilityDescriptors = 1 entries {
          [0]={