[Asterisk-video] need help with codecs

Nico Gundacker nico.gundacker at dynetic.de
Wed Apr 2 01:25:36 CDT 2008

Hi Klaus,

yes I can play a video that was recorded with the mp4save-tool. Here is the
info of that file:

tlngtest:/tmp # mp4info save.mp4
mp4info version 1.5.0.1
save.mp4:
Track   Type    Info
1       audio   G.711 uLaw, 12.220 secs, 64 kbps, 8000 Hz
2       hint    Payload PCMU for track 1
3       video   H.263, 6.720 secs, 81 kbps, 176x144 @ 10.416667 fps
4       hint    Payload H263 for track 3

Note: While playing this video asterisk reported the following lines to me:

Executing [202 at meine-telefone:2] mp4play("SIP/2001-081dc560", "/tmp/save.
mp4") in new stack
mp4play /tmp/save.mp4
found hint track 2
track 1 soun
found hint track 4
track 3 vide
MP4ERROR: FindTrackId: Track index doesn't exist - track 2 type hint
MP4ERROR: MP4Array::[]: index 7 of 7: Numerical result out of range
MP4ERROR: MP4Array::[]: index 7 of 7: Numerical result out of range
MP4ERROR: MP4Array::[]: index 7 of 7: Numerical result out of range
MP4ERROR: MP4Array::[]: index 7 of 7: Numerical result out of range

I think that only means, that there is no second hint of the video track in
the mp4. But I ignored these reports, because the video is working well.

Thank you for your help!

Nico