[Asterisk-video] [rizzo at icir.org: call for testers for team/rizzo/video_v2]

Matteo Brancaleoni mbrancaleoni at voismart.it
Fri Sep 28 09:48:51 CDT 2007

Hi,

Il Thursday 27 September 2007 12:40:07 Matteo Brancaleoni ha scritto:
> I've digged into v4l2 specs and the read() is present but depends
> on the cam driver. The cam I'm using now (using uvcvideo drivers)
> does not have it, only mmap'ed buffer.

ok, I've explored the v4l2 and started to play with console_video.c
to try to add v4l2 support.
first of all I've found a patch for my webcam to implement read(),
so I an avoid playing with mmap :) (and it works with other softwares
that uses the v4l2 read() ).

the cam is initialized ok (so the ioctls are done), but now I'm stuck
on another problem...

the uvc cams (and maybe others) does not support PIX_FMT_YUV420P
but only PIX_FMT_YUYV422, and cannot grab directly in 352x288,
but in 640x480 and higher.... (it can do 320x240, but with a different
colorspace)

so sws_scale of the input stream must be converted to YUV420P
colorspace and the image must be resampled to the correct size
for displaying and for proper h263p encoding...

I'm now stuck in understanding how to put the src buf into
a resampling routine... but maybe I need to understand
better ffmpeg internals...

btw, if someone has some hints, is welcome :)

matteo.

--
Matteo Brancaleoni
R&D Director