[Asterisk-video] [rizzo at icir.org: call for testers for team/rizzo/video_v2]

Matteo Brancaleoni mbrancaleoni at voismart.it
Thu Sep 27 03:20:37 CDT 2007

(already posted on asterisk-dev, also there for reference)

Hi,

Il Tuesday 18 September 2007 18:16:41 Luigi Rizzo ha scritto:
> In a nutshell, this branch lets you send and receive (and display)
> H263+ video with chan_oss (tested) and chan_alsa (not well tested),
> using either a webcab or an X11 window as source.
>
> The requirements are SDL, a recent ffmpeg (July 2007), and optionally
> Video4Linux v.1 to use the webcam.

Any plan to optionally use video4linux2 ?
do you think that can be difficult to add ?

> I would be very grateful if someone could give this code a try and
> send feedback to me (or to the list).

I would like too, but I have only v4l2 cams here... *sigh*

>  ; videowitdh and videoheight set the resolution - please note that
>  ;      codecs and other videophones only support some standard resolutions
>  ;      e.g. 176x144, 352x288, 320x240 ...
>  ; 'bitrate' is the net video bit rate (plus you have RTP/UDP/IP overhead,
>  ;      also consider that the traffic is very bursty
>  [general](+)                   ; additional settings for videosupport
>      overridecontext=yes                ; so you can specify a SIP/xx at yy
> 'number' videodevice = X11          ; X11 grabber
>      ; videodevice = /dev/video0        ; Use this if you have a webcam...
>      videowidth = 352           ; either 352x2
>      videoheight = 288          ;

about resolution...
H263+ can handle formats up to 1408x1152
(should be 128x96, 176x144, 352x288, 704x576, and 1408x1152) and
ffmpeg supports all of them, is possible to raise the limit of 352x288 ?
Of course that would not work with a standard sip video phone,
but between 2 asterisk boxes maybe yes.

Can be a way to have a good videoconference tool built onto asterisk.

Currently I'm exploring solutions to have hi-res videoconferences
with linux, but seems that nothing exists yet, that's usable,
so your work can be a good starting point.

best regards,
Matteo.

--
Matteo Brancaleoni