[Asterisk-video] app_transcoder.so: undefined symbol: avcodec_init

Rene van Weert rvweert at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:42:31 CDT 2007

Dear Klaus,

ldd gives me:
asterisk-dev:~# ldd /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_transcoder.so
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7f3c000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7df4000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)

However, when starting asterisk I get:
asterisk: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_transcoder.so:
undefined symbol: avcodec_init

Cheers,
René