[Asterisk-video] stream still picture

Sergio Garcia sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Wed Sep 5 05:22:17 CDT 2007

Date:  Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:06:50 +0200

>Hi Sergio!
>
>Do you know an easy way to stream a still picture? E.g. it would be
>useful to make a still picture with some instructions while waiting for
>DTMF input.
>
>Do I have to make a video out of the picture or is there a more easy way?

What I suppose you would like to do is play an introductory video and then wait
for the dtmf, don't you?
Perhaps you could try to add the picture with the options to the end of the video
and then wait for the dtmf in the dial plan.
As the 3g phone would not receive any more video it probably would so the latest
frame of the video (you should check different mobile phones to see each beahaviour).
The other way is creating a video of the desired length.
A future solution will be using the app_flash to handle this issues.. jejeje .. jokes
aside i think it's going to be a very powerfull tool to create ivrs if when i finally
complete it.

BR