[Asterisk-video] My AMR experience with app_h324m

Reza Fatahillah ezhot_95 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 00:56:09 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have tried app_h324m with some patching, at
app_h324m to make AMR works. It based on some
assumptions.
1. I'm using IF1 format inside my application which
will be converted to IF2 by app_h324m
2. I'm using AMR library from 3gpp standar, and the
result bytestream for Mode 7 are similar to below:
3C02...0C (up to 32 bytes). From the 3gpp spec, the
first byte(3C) called as AMR Header, and the rest as
AMR Core Speech.
3. I'm using RTP packetization like app_h324m do, sot
the bytestream will be 34 bytes with addition of 2
bytes (FO3C). So the final stream will be
F03C3C02...0C

And because of this pattern the current SVN codes
didn't work.
I have to move the offset one more byte so app_h324m
can convert to IF2 properly.

My question, is this the correct pattern?

Thanks,
Reza