[Asterisk-video] h324m handshake (was: app mp4 fixed video playback)

info at marikar.com info at marikar.com
Mon Sep 3 11:07:59 CDT 2007

Hi sergio

On Monday 03 September 2007 16:52:37 Sergio Garcia wrote:
> It's been a quite busy weekend, but I managed to commit some changes
(as
> probably you already know).

The new version of app_mp4 works fine. I am just missing a
"MP4Close(mp4);" at
the end of mp4_play()
(I haven't tried it with the new version, but added at the older version
asterisk
doesn't says, that there are to much open files after playing a lot of
Videos)

> In case of for, example, running a mp4play before an mp4save, you will
be
> starting recording at a randon rtp packet. This case is partially
handled
> by sending the VIDUPDATE to the 3G phone so it will send you an IFRAME
as
> soon as possible. I've been also thinking in the posibility of not
start
> recording until the first I Frame is recieved so the mp4 could be
played
> back perfectly. As the user would have to wait a random time until his
> phone sends the I Frame (or even worse in a SIP client) the user has
> signalled someway when the recording starts. The solution i have
thougth of
> is dumping all media until I got a good I frame start, and then
signall it
> to the user by looping his image back, so he can know when the system
has
> started the recording.. what do u think about???

This would be great. But what do you think of sending an other video
with the
message "recording, press # to interrupt" or something like that.

Regards

Achim

Ps.: Great job :-)
--