[Asterisk-video] [svn-commits] rizzo: branch rizzo/video_v2 r86874 - /team/rizzo/video_v2/channels/

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Oct 23 15:06:16 CDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 09:21:56PM +0200, Emmanuel BUU wrote:
> Hi Matteo,

probably i can answer this :)

> Do you have a quick list of features for this branch ?
> Does this branch sit on the trunk ?
> Did you work out to somewhat merge the work done by videocaps branch ?

this branch is just trunk, with a modified chan_oss.c and chan_alsa.c
(the latter not tested recently) to send and receive video using
ffmpeg codecs (h261, h263, h263p, h264, mpeg4 at the moment) and
video4linux1 and X11 capture as the video source.

The rest of the files is unchanged, except for some small modifications
to the Makefiles to properly link the libraries involved (sdl, avcodec, X11),
and a minuscule set of modifications to chan_sip, to
produce proper SDP messages for the video codecs.

I have looked at the videocaps branch but the set of changes there is
huge and i couldn't figure out what is relevant to our changes
and what is not.
One thing we have not implemented (yet i am not sure if/how it is
in videocaps) is some signalling extension to inform the channel driver
of the codecs supported by the other party, so that each source can
produce a suitable video format.

cheers
luigi