[Asterisk-video] Windows Player for mp4 files (like fontventaformat)

tech at i6net.com tech at i6net.com
Sun Nov 25 18:19:17 CST 2007

Most of the users don't have a mp4 player installed in there PC...
So, using 3GP, mov, avi, mpeg or flv (for a web integration) can be
interresting.
For the recording, I think using FFmpeg to convert the mp4 files is necessary.
The video transcoding can be long (some secondes).
It cannot be integrated with the Asterisk application (I think, Asterisk should
keep the realtime processing and it cannot be locked in a long transcoding
execution).
The best way is to get the recordings and be able to make the transcodings in a
batch processing...

I think we should propose the main FFmpeg parameters to convert the mp4 recorded
files to standard formats (get from WinFF for example).

Personnaly, I have installed a full 3G server this week-end and I will make
tests to generate standard files from the recordings.

Regards,

Tech