[Asterisk-video] App_videoswitch

Mihai Balea mihai at hates.ms
Thu May 31 12:54:40 MST 2007

On May 31, 2007, at 2:20 PM, Charles Williams wrote:

> Mihai,
>
> I just recieved 3 mails saying the same thing. lol. am currently
> browsing trunk so will be letting you know how it goes. we will be
> using h264 video only in the beginning and  seeing how many streams
> we can broadcast to multiple clients to really stress test things.
> also no sip. pure iax2 to make sure the accounting doesn't get
> screwed. the structure we are wanting is something like below
>

>      webcam from home ---h.264 stream---> asterisk w/
> app_conference & prepaid calling cards module ---h.264 stream--->
> apache server ---h.264---> end client
>
> hope it works. lol
>
> chuck

Hmm, this might prove problematic.  As of right now, Asterisk does
not support video codec negotiation in IAX2.  Actually, it is the
protocol that does not support it. We had an entire discussion about
it at Astridevcon about this and we are pushing for proper video
support in the protocol, but it's not there yet.

On the other hand, we have patched our Asterisk servers to support a
crude form of video codec negotiation in IAX2, which is enough for
our purposes.  I can send you the patch , but it is definitely not
ready for prime time...

Mihai