[Asterisk-video] Newcomer question about Asterisk and videocaps

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun May 27 23:45:11 MST 2007

27 maj 2007 kl. 22.52 skrev Emmanuel BUU:

> Hello,
>
> A while ago, there were some ongoing work (and a dedicated branch I
> believe) to support video capabilities and their associated
> negociation in Asterisk.
> Does anyone has a status on this? Is it dead ? What are the plan
> for 1.4 branch and 1.6 ?

Hello!

1.4 is released an will not change in regards to features.

During the development meeting in Atlanta we spent a lot of time
discussing a new solution for call setup netotiation - it involved
transport (IPv4/IPv6/tcp/udp/tls) as well as codec and media
handling. The videocaps branch is a good proposal to handle the media
part, but there is a lot of more to it. It will also require changes
to the IAX2 protocol.

Hopefully we can use the videocaps branch as a platform and get
something done in time for 1.6.

As soon as we have the notes available from that session, it will be
published and I'll inform the list.

Best regards,
/Olle