[Asterisk-video] No Audio . Video when running app_mp4

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Sun May 6 05:31:37 MST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Atle Samuelsen" <clona at cyberhouse.no>
To: "Development discussion of video media support in Asterisk"
<asterisk-video at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-video] No Audio . Video when running app_mp4

> Hi Again,
[..]
> > > I've infact experienced the same problem, tough, I've also experienced
> > > that video often gets veru fucked. One "issue" is also that you only
> > > save 176x144 of the "rtp-stream" wich means since I send a picture
wich
> > > is ALOT bigger.. i only get the corner, and my ear.
> >
> > I'll try to fix it. It won't be very complicated for h263.
> Ah, We've only been running H263 now.. But H264 I can start running ;)
> Do you have a idea how long it will take?

Philippe Hensel and me have been trying to make h264 work for a while, the
sending part should be
ok, but we haven't been able to find any h264 encoded video that works.
Philippe was trying with
eyebean and grandstream phone (I hope to get a sample of the videophone soon
too), but not
much progress at the moment.

> > > Are you guys doing any further development of app_mp4 ? I've got it
> > > running under asterisk-1.4.2, where it infact sortha works, but I do
get
> > > some weird things happening (no clear video-picture on playback, erros
> > > about wrong mediatype for audio when playing it off.. etc)
> >

> > Yes, in fact I've recently updated a new version with a fix on a timing
> > problem.
> > You should try the latest version as is *MUCH* better now. If you still
> > experience
> > problems with audio send me the output of mp4info on your file to see if
> > it's correctly
> > encoded
>
> Okey, where do I get the latest version ? I've only been downloading the
> file from the fontventa site :)

It's linked to the svn latets version, so download it again or much better
use svn to
keep everything in sync.

Greetings