[Asterisk-video] video conferencing in 1.4

david.cantera at IBSOneCall.com david.cantera at IBSOneCall.com
Tue Mar 6 16:13:17 MST 2007

Question: I have installed Asterisk 1.4 and working fine with Voice.
However, I need to have Video Conferencing with Grandstream GXV3000
Video Phone. I know I should use H.264 codec, but don't know how to
config and setup.
Please give me an instruction how to do so.

Answer: I haven't found video conferencing to be available with the
gxv3000. this unit is a one-to-one video conference.  both sides must
use the same type of unit.  add 'allow=h264' to the sip.conf for that
extension as well as 'videosupport=yes' and you should work fine.
thanks to others on the list, that is how I was able to get it to
work.  also, quite an important item, * does not do video codec
translation.  I think it is on the list but not the hotlist. :)
if you need additional help, let me know.  I have been working with
1.4 for a few months now.  whew!
daveC
Interlocking Business Solutions, LLC
Mount Laurel, NJ