Re: [Asterisk-video] Simple vidéo conference

Mihai Balea mihai at hates.ms
Thu Jun 7 07:50:31 MST 2007

On Jun 7, 2007, at 10:16 AM, Dean Collins wrote:

> I've offered to kick in money for a bounty several times in the
> past and I make this offer yet again.
>
> I'm after a minimum of 4 video calls multiplexed on a single display.

That is not a trivial problem.  If you do the multiplexing on the
server, it will get quite CPU intensive, since you have to decode all
streams, merge them and encode the result.  A better way would be to
do it at the client, thus spreading the CPU load, but in this case
you need support for multiple streams between two endpoints and I'm
not sure that Asterisk is up to that (yet)

Mihai