[Asterisk-video] app_mp4 patch

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Mon Jul 30 16:23:20 CDT 2007

> >> What is RTP payload specific headers? Do they mean RTP extension
headers
> >> or do they mean the AMR ToC?
> >
> > The part of the rtp payload that is added in the packetization, i.e, the
TOC in AMR.

> > You save the packetization data from the rfc in the hint track and just
a reference
> > to the rest of the data that you save ob the media track. That way a
player can
> > play the track just using the media track or stream it with the hint and
the media
> > track
>
> But if the ToC is written to the hint track and only the AMR frames are
> written to the media track, then a player can't retrieve the AMR mode
> anymore. Or is the ToC written to both - audio track and hint track?

Good question, I think it should be only used in the rtp part. I used
mpeg4ip
as a guide (/lib/mp4av/rfc3267.cpp) :
    // we don't want to include the 1 byte header - the framesize
    // returned doesn't include the header byte.

In mp4 it shouldn't be so necesary to mark each packet type as you read full
frames from the track. I think it's the way that it works, but everything
arround
amr is a bit messy..

Best regards