[Asterisk-video] about codec AMR

Fri Jul 27 04:14:32 CDT 2007

Matteo Brancaleoni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get codec amr working... (* 1.4.3)
>
> but somethings are missing I think...
> the code compiles ok, but:
> * if you do show codecs the AMR is not in the list

The number of codecs shows by show_codec is hardcoded. IN show_codecs
you have to change in the for() loop <13 to <14.

> * if you do show codec 8192 it appears
> * on codec show translation the codec is not shown

same as with show_codec - increment to maximum loop counter by 1

> * but when you load the module the cost between slin and amr
>   is correctly computed....
>
> I'm not an asterisk codec expert, so maybe someone may want to take
> a look ? what is missing for sure is format_amr.c , but dunno
> if is absolutely needed ....

IMO it would be good to have. In case you volunteer - it shouldn't not
be that hard to make. In RFC 4867 the file format is described.

regards
klaus