[Asterisk-video] Re: MP4 tools (for app_mp4)

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Thu Jan 25 02:16:43 MST 2007

> After a recording this is the ffmpeg command line executed :
[..]
>   Stream #0.0(eng): Audio: pcm_mulaw, 8000 Hz, stereo, 128 kb/s
[..]
> FFmpeg seems to analyse a stereo audio stream.
> The file generated have a audio track divided by 2.

The problem seems to be that ffmpeg the 128kb/s that should be 64kb/s
that's why it is halved. I don't know why but mp4creator has it rigth:

# mp4info record_1.mp4
mp4info version 1.5.0.1
record_1.mp4:
Track   Type    Info
1       audio   G.711 uLaw, 9.440 secs, 64 kbps, 8000 Hz
2       hint    Payload PCMU for track 1
3       video   H.263, 9.400 secs, 53 kbps, 176x144 @ 6.063830 fps
4       hint    Payload H263 for track 3

You can extract each of the tracks with
# mp4creator record_1.mp4 -extract=1
# mp4creator record_1.mp4 -extract=3

When I have some time I'll try to take a look and see if i can fix it.

Greetings