[Asterisk-video] Test H324M with mp4play

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Wed Feb 28 04:15:26 MST 2007

Hi Emmanuel

It can be done, and is planned..

I'm talking from memory so I can say something wrong. The videocall mode is
signalled in the
q931 negotiation in the user bearer capabilitye (as h223/h245 mode), but in
libpri this information
is not stored into the zap channel.

So to be able to recognize an incoming videocall in h324m_gw we will need to
modify the q931.c
in libpri to save it somewere in the channel and later just check the beare
capability in the app to
see if we need to handle the call or just return and let the dialplan
continue.

We would also need it to be able to place outgoing videocalls also, as the
bearer capability needs
to be set in order to create the videocall.

I had been talking with Regis Martin about the possibility of implementing
it and he said he'll take a look
at it if he has some free time. So I'll beg him to see if he can do it.. :)

Another thing is that we should talk with the asterisk devs to be make the
patch go into the asterisk code..

Greetings
    Sergio