[Asterisk-video] Re: Testing h324m loopback

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Tue Feb 27 03:59:43 MST 2007

From: "matteo brancaleoni" <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:15 AM
> Ok, I found out the issue.
> I placed the Answer() in the wrong place.
>
> So seems that if you use h324_gw(), the answer
> must not be placed before it, but
> in the local channel it creates, so:
>
> [from-bri]
> exten => _X.,1,h324m_gw(play at video)
>
> [video]
> exten => play,1,Answer
> exten => play,n,mp4play(/tmp/video.mp4)

Yes, in fact it is that way (i don't know if I have said it wrong in the
past).

h324m_gw creates a local channel and places it in the context you specify it
(play at video). Then it waits till the
local pseudo channel is answered, checks if it's correct and then it answers
the h324m call and starts the negotiation.
Once it finish the negotiation it translates frames from the h324m session
to asterisk and the other way round.

It's done in this way because you coudl do something like

[from-bri]
exten => _X.,1,h324m_gw(s at video)

[video]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/videosoftphone)

And until you don't see if the softphone answer or not you don't really
answer the videocall.
The problem with that aproach is that as the mp4_play is started before the
h324m negotiation is been setup
the first frames of video are usually lost. I will study how to deal with
that issue when i finish with other issues.. :)

Greetings