[Asterisk-video] IP Camera to Asterisk Interface

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Thu Feb 22 09:09:49 MST 2007

Many cameras suppor video playing with rtsp
http://www.axis.com/techsup/cam_servers/dev/cam_rtsp_api.htm
so it wouldn't be too hard to implement an application for asterisk that
implement some simple rtsp player, connect
to the camera and receive the rtp packets, forwarding them to the asterisk
channel.
The problem is that mos cameras support only mpeg-2 and mpeg-4 and I don't
know many videophones that support
them...

Greetings
    Sergio