[Asterisk-video] app_mp4 fixed video playback

Sergio Garcia sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Fri Aug 31 03:00:26 CDT 2007

>> I think that the asterisk frame payload should be AMR TRP (rfc3267
>> octecte-aligned mode)
>
>That would mean:
>
>   the Payload Header (1 byte with the CMR) +
>   the Payload Table of Contents (x bytes with the frame type) +
>   the speech data (x or less AMR frames)
>
>Thus, it would allow to carry multiple AMR frames in a singe ast_frame.
>Is this correct?

Yes, that's why the h324m_packetizer is present in the app_h324m, to be able to
decode each frame of the rtp packet (as h324m format is if2).

>> that is the mode used in streaming.  Francesco did a great work on
>> that, but I don't know what is he on latelly..
>>
>> By the way, I think that an asterisk patch for AMR passthrough
>> support is also needed, Olle do u think it could be committed into
>> the main code if we make it?
>
>What is needed for that? I think adding the AMR type and extending the
>RTP code to make RTP packets out of the AMR ast_frames (and vice versa)
>should be enough.

I think that in fact I think it's only needed to extend the rtp tables and crete
the new AST_FORMAT_AMRNB type. I did the patch for the svn trunk, until i realized
that it was not the 1.4 branch.. :)

BR