[Asterisk-video] app_mp4 fixed video playback

Fri Aug 31 02:43:05 CDT 2007

Sergio Garcia schrieb:

> I think that the asterisk frame payload should be AMR TRP (rfc3267
> octecte-aligned mode)

That would mean:

   the Payload Header (1 byte with the CMR) +
   the Payload Table of Contents (x bytes with the frame type) +
   the speech data (x or less AMR frames)

Thus, it would allow to carry multiple AMR frames in a singe ast_frame.
Is this correct?

> that is the mode used in streaming.  Francesco did a great work on
> that, but I don't know what is he on latelly..
>
> By the way, I think that an asterisk patch for AMR passthrough
> support is also needed, Olle do u think it could be committed into
> the main code if we make it?

What is needed for that? I think adding the AMR type and extending the
RTP code to make RTP packets out of the AMR ast_frames (and vice versa)
should be enough.

regards
klaus