[Asterisk-video] app_mp4 fixed video playback

Sergio Garcia sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Thu Aug 30 10:21:34 CDT 2007

>Sergio Garcia schrieb:
>> There was an error calculating the delay between frames, been always 0.
>> Now the video should be smooth again.
>
>Playing back the recorded video (from nokia 6630):
>with VLC: no audio; video works
>
>with mp4play to nokia6630: video and audio works
>

>I have a question about h324m_gw and mp4_save/play. When does the
>recording/playback of the mp4 file start - immediately when h324m_gw
>answers the call (that means during h245 connection handling the
>recording/playback is already running) or when the h245 signaling has
>opened the logical channels?

In fact that were my next homework.. :)

Currently what it's done is:
-zap receieves the 3g call and starts h324m_gw
-h324m_gw creates a local channel and waits for answer
-when the local channel is answered it answer the zap channel and begins with h245 negotiation

So yes, the playback is been done while the channels are still not setup so you will lose
the first frames.

The correct solution should be if asterisk implemented a 3ways handsake (as in sip), so you don't ack the local channel untill the h245 negotiation is finished, so both channels starts at the same time.

The first (dirty) hack is putting a Sleep after the answer..

The problem is that I don't want to answer the phone without knowing if there is anyone at
the other side. The idea I have is implment an h324m_gw_answer that answer the channel and wait for a control command (probably AST_CONTROL_VIDUPDATE) to return control..

BR