[Asterisk-video] libh324m and TDMoE

Sergio Garcia sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Mon Aug 27 01:44:43 CDT 2007

Hi Arnold,

I've been in talks with Red Fone support to setup some test to check the compatibility
with the bridgephone. The main problem is that I don't have any E1 availabe (much less
a bridgephone) and they don't have acess to a 3G network.. so quite stalled..

But for the conversations we had I understood that the bridgephone doesn't load balance the
calls, it just redirect each E1 to the configured servers. So in order to setup a redundant
service with capacity to handle 2 E1 loads you'll still need 2 separate servers been able
to handle 60 calls load (transcoding and amr) even if they normally will be handling 30.
The good point is that you don't have to by 2 digium cards, just one bridgephone. The bad
thing, if the bridgephone fails, all your system goes down.

BR