[Asterisk-video] MediaMixer + Sailfin = mcuWeb

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Wed Aug 22 12:33:15 CDT 2007

Hi everyone,

If anyone has been taking a look at the mediamixer trac log you'll have noticed
that there has been some new developments.

They are still in a very early stage but I would like to get some feedback if anyone
is interested in the stuff (I hope so).

The first development is the mcuWeb, which is a Sailfin (https://sailfin.dev.java.net/)
application whihc provides sip/web interface for the media mixer.
It provides web administration for the media mixer, allowing to create and delete
conferences, participant invitation via clik-to-call and conference management (mutex
and so own, still in development).
Also it handles SIP traffic, routing the incoming request and joining it to the conferences.

The integration with asterisk is *extremelly* simple, just create a sip peer in sip.conf:

[AS]
type=peer
context=default
host=192.168.1.4
port=5060
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=h263
allow=h263p
allow=h264

And add the extensions you want to redirect to the mcu in the extension.conf with:

exten => 300,1,Dial(SIP/AS,,)

Beautefully easy, isn't it?

The deployment in Sailfin is also as easy as copying the deployment file to the deployment directory.
I've compiled a first deployment file that'll post in the web as soon as I make some instruction to
install everything, but if anyone is willing to try it first just email me and I'll happilly send it to you ;)

The second project with a cryptic "Fist version of Flash playback support." commit message is a
very preliminary version of a flash player (yep, to play swf files to a videophone, with xml server support,
just imagine the posibilites for videoIVR) but I still have to implement the asterisk app proxy to
connect it to the media mixer, I'll hope to get it working in a few days.

BR