[Asterisk-video] libh324m with SS7

Sergio Garcia sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Fri Aug 10 02:14:27 CDT 2007

>Arnold P. Siboro asiboro at maltech.jp
>Wed Aug 8 17:06:49 CDT 2007
>If I already have a running Asterisk system with compatible ISDN card,
>can libh324m work with SS7 by installing required software such as chan_ss7
> or ss7 LIBISUP? If yes, has anyone ever tested it?

Hi Arnold,

I don't think anyone has tested it yet. On the libh324m side there should be no
problem as it deals with B channel digital data.
The only problem could be to make outgoing calls, as the call type has to
be set to the videocall one, and this is thone outside of libh324m and has to
be integrated into the signalling channel.
Klaus make a patch for q931 to modify it so it can be used in any zap channel,
don't know how ss7 works.

Anyway, if you try it, please, send a report to the list.

Best regards