[Asterisk-video] if2 bit stuffing in app_h324m

Sergio Garcia sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Fri Aug 3 01:46:52 CDT 2007

>Sergio Garcia Murillo schrieb:
>> [...]
>I just moved eyebeam to a new PC as video used up 70% of my CPU. :)
>Do you think the high CPU load is due to not using Direct-X?

Yes, once I had to gtry to stream the desktop using a videophone.
I installed a desktop captrue software that provided a directx capture
filter. I could use it with vlc but not with eyebean. So I suppose that
they use the olf vfw api (or something like that). It was quite an
awfull api, and it was really an api to capture avis to file. The hack
was that it allowed you to pass a reference to a window for showing the
capture preview, so what you did to capture frames was passing a handle
to a hiden window, the wait the messages of repainting and then get
access the content fo the window to get your frame. Finall result: 30%
of cpu just for capturing frames.

>I do not know for sure - but I think the frame rate is correct (at least
>my movements in front of the camera are the same speed during playback
>as during recording).
>
>Can it be that the problem is due to eyebeam not automatically starting
>the video and I have to start manually - thus the video is shorter than
>the audio?

Yep. :)

>> If you're using eyebean I think I know why. You have started the video call
>> and then
>> pressed the "start sending video" don't you? As I don't calculate the
>> initial delay of
>> the first frame of the media I save it as if all medias started at the same
>> time,
>> causing the lack of synchronization you see. [First issue for the todo
>> list].
>>

>some idea here.

I'll try to implement it as soon as i can.

BR