[Asterisk-video] if2 bit stuffing in app_h324m

Francesco Emmi francesco.emmi at a-tono.com
Wed Aug 1 07:59:59 CDT 2007

Hi Klaus

Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>> btw: Why is the mode not bit-reversed? If it is about bit order in
>>> general I would think that "mode" must be reversed too?
>> No. Mode must not bit reversed. About standards and reason of bit order
>> I can't answer you. To be honest when dealing with amr stuff we found
>> that it is difficult to retrieve informations from specifications (or at
>> least I had no much time to do it...) and helped ourselves by looking
>> directly h223 dumps coming from 3g mobiles.
>
> btw: what about having dump files which we can analyze with wireshark? I
> know at least that it supports h245 and should also support AMR. But I
> have no clue how to export the data to feed it into wireshark.

Wireshark is for me a fundamental instrument and I used it widely when
dealing with h324m (and above all with amr).

I use to analize h223_*in.raw or h223_*out.raw files that libh324m logs
  in /tmp directory
These are the steps to import it into wireshark:

1) $ od -v -Ax -tx1 h223_1975da90_in.raw | text2pcap -d -m 5000
-T1234,1234 - nokia.pcap

2) $ wireshark nokia.pcap

3) Analyze->Decode As then click on Transport, select "both" on TCP and
H223 on the protocol list.

4) Then I use to export everything in a txt file becouse according to me
it's easier to analyze:
    File->Export->"As plain text". select "all expanded" and click ok

The result is a text file very easy to analyze in which you find
everything mobile phone has said to libh324m in a human readable way.

Greeting
Francesco

ps. I'm using Wireshark 0.99.4

> regards
> klaus

Francesco Emmi
A-Tono
Largo Paisiello 5 - 95124 Catania
Tel.: (+39) 095 7365312
http: www.a-tono.com

Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addresses only. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
You should not otherwise copy it, retransmit it or use or disclose its
content to anyone.
Thank you for your co-operation.