[Asterisk-video] if2 bit stuffing in app_h324m

Francesco Emmi francesco.emmi at a-tono.com
Wed Aug 1 02:16:55 CDT 2007

Klaus Darilion wrote:

>> b243 = buf[31] & (1 << 5)
>> b244 = buf[31] & (1 << 4)
>
> I guess the end should be following (as we start from 0):
>
> b242 = buf[31] & (1 << 5)
> b243 = buf[31] & (1 << 4)

Sure!

>> if2[0] = ((b3 b2 b1 b0 )& 0xF0) | (mode & 0x0f) = (REV(buf[1]) & 0xF0) |
>>   (mode & 0x0f)
>
> Thus, if2 does not use network bit order? Or is it only h324m which does
> not use network bit order?
>
> Now I know how it is done - but why? Is this somewhere specified in
> standard?
>
> btw: Why is the mode not bit-reversed? If it is about bit order in
> general I would think that "mode" must be reversed too?

No. Mode must not bit reversed. About standards and reason of bit order
I can't answer you. To be honest when dealing with amr stuff we found
that it is difficult to retrieve informations from specifications (or at
least I had no much time to do it...) and helped ourselves by looking
directly h223 dumps coming from 3g mobiles.

Greetings
Francesco

Francesco Emmi
A-Tono
Largo Paisiello 5 - 95124 Catania
Tel.: (+39) 095 7365312
http: www.a-tono.com

Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addresses only. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
You should not otherwise copy it, retransmit it or use or disclose its
content to anyone.
Thank you for your co-operation.