[Asterisk-video] Asterisk and GXV-3000

dave cantera david.cantera at iacnet.net
Mon Apr 16 17:49:30 MST 2007

aa,
sip.conf is in /etc/asterisk...

to gain root access in *NOW, at the CLI> prompt, type   'sh'.  this will
provide you a root # prompt (don't tell digium!)...  once there, type at
the shell #, type 'passwd' then enter your new root passwd.  at any
console 'alt', 'ctl', F2 (simultaneously pressed) , for example, you
will get a login prompt... from there cd /etc/asterisk and you can vi
sip.conf.

once *NOW sip.conf is modified this way, you can not use the gui as  the
user info is in users.conf... if you want to continue to use the gui (I
don't know why as it doesn't work sufficiently enough IMHO) you should
modify the users.conf file instead.

users.conf entry is quite different than a similar sip.conf entry for a
user...
[402]
fullname = x402
secret = 402
email = david at iacnet.net
cid_number = 402
sipchan = 402
;context = local
hasvoicemail = yes
hasdirectory = yes
hassip = yes
hasmanager = no
;callwaiting = yes
;threewaycalling = yes
mailbox = 402
;hasagent = yes
host = dynamic
hasiax = no

whereas sip.conf for the same user would be
[402]
type=friend
accountcode=local-01
callerid=402 <(800)000-0402>
secret=7890
qualify=500
nat=no
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=info
context=inbound
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
mailbox=402 at default

remember, the dialplan and sip.conf both are generated on-the-fly using
users.conf...

hope that helps...
daveC