[Asterisk-video] Asterisik H323 Video?

John Martin John.Martin at AuPix.com
Tue Oct 17 11:59:01 MST 2006

Hi Patrick,

  As far as I know there is no support for video in any public version
of chan_h323 or ooh323.

  For what it's worth, I submitted a patch to Paul Cadach last week that
adds H.261, H.263 and H.264 support to chan_h323. I think that Paul has
had similar patches working too. I also have capability negotiations for
framerate, bitrate and resolution included in the patch, this happens
"end-to-end" across Asterisk using a new capability.c API that I've put
together. I think it'll be a major topic at Olle's video forum in Paris
though. I have a large TODO list still on this project so I'm not sure
it's quite ready for public consumption, but I'd be prepared to give it
a go.

  In terms of getting it out to a wider audience: The patch is quite a
big one, and just putting up a patch to mantis would take quite a lot of
support effort. If there are people that are interested in what I've
done then I could do with a dev branch in SVN to get it all into shape,
and another few hours in each day :-). I am very busy at the moment and
can't devote a huge amount of time to this, but I would like to get it
into Ast at some point.

  To date, I have it interworking with some Polycom, Tandberg, D-Link,
AuPix (of course), Sony and Aethra endpoints. It also works reasonably
as a SIP<->H.323 gateway (the capability API I've developed has also
been patched in chan_sip) with the aforementioned units, as well as
infrastructure like: Radvision GK/MCU, gnugk, openMCU etc.

  BTW, IMHO, Paul's done a great job of bringing chan_h323 up to date
and I was waiting for 1.4 to get out of the way before pushing for my
patch to be included... or at least debated.

If anyone wants to try it out then shout at an SVN manger near you and
I'll see if I can throw it out for peer review...

Regards, John

John Martin
John.Martin at AuPix.com <mailto:John.Martin at AuPix.com>
http://www.AuPix.com <http://www.aupix.com/>