[Asterisk-video] AstriConVideo ! Paris Nov 20-22! Book your calendar!

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Oct 16 07:30:25 MST 2006

Friends in the Asterisk Video Task Force (and other developers on
asterisk-dev),
time to register for the Asterisk Video Task Force Meeting - November
20-22 in Paris !

The meeting will be hosted by INRIA, the French national institute
for research
in science and computing.  Philippe Sultan at Inria is our host, as
well as an
active contributor to Asterisk.

The INRIA office is outside of Paris, in Rocquencourt. There will be
buses going to and
from downtown Paris, so we're staying in Paris to get proper
inspiration :-)

My suggestion is that we start 10 AM on Monday, nov 20th, and continue
to 3 PM (15:00) on Wednesday, November 22nd. On Tuesday, we're
eating dinner together in Paris (sponsors welcome :-) )

This is going to be a very practical meeting with interoperability
tests between
various devices, SIP debugging and coding. We need to figure out a
way to add
proper handling of video attributes in Asterisk and maybe look at
additional
features I know that you are working on out there

- Video on hold (streaming)
- Video prompts for IVRs
- T.140 text in addition to video
- Integration with 3G video
- Video conferencing
- Additional topics (codename-pinapple etc)

Let's investigate these areas together, trying to find solutions that
we can
work forward on - integration with other Open Source products or
just experience in connections to commercial products.

There will be a very limited amount of seats. You will have to cover
your own costs
for travelling and eating, but there will be no registration fee
(thanks to INRIA)

**** Register by mailing info at edvina.net today.

We have no seats for people who wants to "listen in" or "meet people"
- this is a
working meeting only. I hope you understand this. You do not need to
be an
Asterisk guru or developer, but still have knowledge about SIP and Video
so that you can contribute.

My travel agency will handle hotel reservations, so we can stay in
the same
place. They can also assist you with booking flights, if needed.
Emnet, my
admin, will take care of the details.

A big thank you to INRIA for hosting this meeting. And a big thank you
to other french contributors that offered to help with meeting rooms
- I will
remember your offers for coming meetings :-)

Cheers,
/Olle & Philippe

Links:

INRIA's website :
http://www.inria.fr/index.en.html

Access INRIA Rocquencourt research unit :
http://www-rocq.inria.fr/en/inria-rocq/moyens_acces/index.htm

---
* Olle E. Johansson - oej at edvina.net
* Asterisk Training http://edvina.net/training/
* Next training: Asterisk Masterclass, November 13-17, Stockholm, Sweden