[Asterisk-video] video prompts via Asterisk

Duane Storey duane at counterpath.com
Tue Nov 28 13:55:56 MST 2006

Even if you don't support parsing the STUN packets, you should make sure you
will discard them anyways (since a STUN packet will fail as a RTP packet if
you do a proper header check).

For video doing keep alives is a little trickier than audio -- in audio you
can encode silence and send that as data, knowing the remote party won't
hear it.  The equivalent in video doesn't really exist.  So, STUN packets
are great if you can use them, otherwise I've seen some implementations send
a bogus RTP packet using an unused payload type to keep the pinhole open.

Duane