[Asterisk-video] Future items...

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Nov 22 06:27:03 MST 2006

To expand a bit on the list of future items:

Future things discussed
===================

- Direct transcoding from alaw to ulaw
    Morten made a new codec module for this.

- AMR support
   We will implement AMR passthrough and connect it to
   the existing GSM codec module for compatible modes

- Integrations with 3G, support for 3G videocalls in libpri/chan_zap
   Key2 has a lot of the needed source code here. Need to fix some
   licensing issues as well as architectural issues in order to be
   able to move forward. Funding might be needed.

- Exchange of more complete codec capabilities during call setup
   (branch videocaps)
   John Martin has done an excellent job with this code. We discussed
   it quite a lot, to figure out the best way to implement this. Some
issues still
   need to be resolved, but it's a good step in the right direction.

- T.140 realtime text support
   This is currently integrated in videocaps, needs to be ripped out
into a
   separate branch and tested with Omnitor/Gunnar for interoperability.

- Development of a contrib/videotoolbox for conversions, ivr video
prompts etc
   We need to get some script examples from the community

- Integration with remote transcoders
- Integration with OpenMCU videoconferencing

- Neil's videoconference switch for app_conference
   This code is contributed to Steve Kann for integration with the
app_conference
   application.

/O