[Asterisk-video] SDP changes

John Martin John.Martin at AuPix.com
Wed May 24 12:54:38 MST 2006

Hi Olle,
  I've been looking some more at the forward video leg. In a call where
we have:

  Phone1 -> (Peer1 - Ast - Peer2) -> Phone2

I can get Phone2 to answer with the union of all the capabilities set at
each point (i.e. the lower of all caps Phone1, AstPeer1, AstPeer2 and
Phone2).

I've also just today got the reverse leg of the call going - i.e. if
AstPeer1, AstPeer2 or Phone2 have a lower capability than Phone1 then
Phone1 will be told about it in the Ack/SDP. This works if either phone
is SIP or H.323.

Capabilities are negotiated for video/audio, video resolution, video
framerate and video codec (I'll assume audio codec negotiation is
already covered).

The reverse leg of the call is negotiated using

ast_queue_control(chan, AST_CONTROL_CAPFLAG | capability);

Where AST_CONTROL_CAPFLAG is (AST_MAX_VIDEO << 1)

This is a bit of a hack at the moment, I'm now in the process of
updating to trunk so I can get Kevin's new ast_indicate with payload.

John

John Martin
John.Martin at AuPix.com
http://www.AuPix.com