[Asterisk-video] Brainstorm: Milliwatt for video?

Julien Goodwin jgoodwin at studio442.com.au
Sat May 20 07:04:14 MST 2006

On 19/05/2006 1:03 PM, Paul Cadach wrote:
> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> Can we create something similar for video? Like the test picture they
>> send on the tv network?
>
> Static picture is not fit for MPEG/H.26x-coded video tests just because in most
> cases it will not produce intra-frame information. Probably video test picture
> (as static background) plus some sort of moving picture (analog clock, video
> frame numbers, etc.) on top of background would be much better.

What I want to see is some sort of way I can render (say) SVG to a video
phone, if we have a generic way of doing that then it would be easy to
create some of the things I've been designing which are along the lines
of creating video content when talking to an application or endpoint
that's not video enabled.

eg:
* Voicemail shows a screen of the menu options and callerid details
* Echo test could show audio quality measurements
* Dial could show a progress graphic
* Directory could show menu options