[Asterisk-video] RE: AVTF - What's going on?

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri May 19 00:19:25 MST 2006

19 maj 2006 kl. 08.58 skrev Pierre-Antoine Strievi:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I see that GStreamer allows encoding video media for Asterisk.
> But how to stream a h263 file with Asterisk?

I don't know about AGI, but there are fishy things here. Video does not
include voice. Playback() assumes that if you have a video file with the
same name as the *audio* file you give as an argument, we will send
that too.

So to record a video message and playback, you do

exten => 100,1,record(mycoolvideo.alaw)
exten => 100,2,playback(mycoolvideo)

You can't specifiy video format, since we do not transcode anyway.
I guess we have to implement a function that checks if we have video
that is associated with an audio file, like

	ISVIDEOSTREAM(filename)

Sorry for not answering your question, but it might give some hints
on how
to solve it.

/Olle