[asterisk-video] How do you send large frames?

Sergio García Murillo Sergio.Garcia at ydilo.com
Thu May 18 06:19:56 MST 2006

> 2) File formats: MP4 (or MOV, on which it's based) are fine
> containers, but one thing I've been concerned about with saving
> streams has always been how to represent lost packets in these
> containers.    It's important to be able to represent that for two
> reasons:   (a) you want to be able to keep audio and video in sync,
> and (b) you may want to be able to accurately represent a recording
> with some packet loss, by playing it in the proper amount of time.
>
> For (b), consider the situation where you are recording a one hour
> session with random 10% packet loss.  User agents in the live session
> will play this fine, and users may not even notice the 10% packet
> loss (in the audio portion, the video might be a mess).  But, if you
> don't somehow represent these lost packets in the recorded file, the
> whole thing will play back in 54 minutes, instead of 60.

I've been working with mp4 files with mpeg4ip libraries and it allowed me to specify the timing of each frame of video and audio tracks, and also you also have the hint tracks with the rtp timestamp and secuence number for more info. So I think that there would be no problems with lost packets for either playing or streaming the file.

Greetings
This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. No confidentiality
or privilege is waived or lost by any wrong transmission.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any
part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of
Ydilo Advanced Voice Solutions, S.A. shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.