[asterisk-video] How do you send large frames?

Sergio García Murillo Sergio.Garcia at ydilo.com
Thu May 18 03:06:08 MST 2006

> Hi, sorry - I think I confused the discussion on #asterisk-dev.
>
> We actually strip the rtp header - it's the h263 RFC2190 header that
> is stored, together with the length (with rtp mark bit) and
> timestamp.
>
> It's not a standard format that I know of, which is why we need the
> GStreamer modules to convert other formats into this 'asterisk
> format'.
>
> Neil
>
> Olle E Johansson wrote:
>> I am learning new things about the video implementation all the time.
>>
>> Seems like we are actually saving RTP headers in the format files,
>> which is bad. As far as I know,
>> IAX2 does not use RTP so I wonder if playing one of the saved files
>> to an IAX videophone would work?
>>
>> I am not aware of any IAX2 video phones, but not using a clean
>> format disturbs me.

Hi everyone, I've been following the thread, but I really still doesn't understand the problem.
Can any one clear up the questions? Where is the problem? Is it in sending video stored in a file?
Saving it to a file or just retransmitting it?
By the way, I think that it would be a good idea to use some standard container for storing the video.
I have been working woth mp4 for a while and I think it would be perfect for what we need. In fact I developed an aplication that converted a dump of rtp h263 rfc 2190 data into a perfectly valid mp4 file, that could be played with vlc or qt and streamed correctly (with same rfc 2190 payload) with a darwing streaming server.

Greetings

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. No confidentiality
or privilege is waived or lost by any wrong transmission.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any
part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of
Ydilo Advanced Voice Solutions, S.A. shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.