[Asterisk-video] RE: AVTF - What's going on?

Neil Stratford neils at vipadia.com
Wed May 17 02:47:24 MST 2006

Hi,

>> - Videoswitch: (thanks to support from AuPix)
> Would it be possible to take this code to app_meetme?

At the time app_conference was an easier starting point. I'll take a
look at app_meetme and see how much work it would be.

>> - Fast Updates / RTCP / etc etc:
> Can we get those. I'll happily open a branch for it and make sure it is
> moved forward.
> Any feedback on the current rtcp branch/patch?

Most of this is covered by the rtcpbranch you have (and the work by John
Martin) - I've switched to using that code now and will file
bugs/patches as they come up.

>> - GStreamer & Asterisk:
> That is really cool. I'll look at it. Does it divide the video into one
> audio and one video file?

Yes - you invoke it with a command line like:

gst-launch filesrc location=avin.ogg ! oggdemux name=demux ! theoradec !
ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-yuv, width=352, height=288 !
ffenc_h263 rtp-payload-size=512 ! rtph263enc ! asteriskh263 ! filesink
location=avout.h263 demux. ! queue ! vorbisdec ! audioconvert !
audio/x-raw-int ! audioconvert ! wavenc ! filesink location=soxin.wav &&
sox soxin.wav -r 8000 -c 1 -s -w avout.wav resample -ql

Neil Stratford - http://www.vipadia.com/ - sip:call at vipadia.com
Vipadia Limited :: VoIP Research and Development